Show your steins!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinchef_fairfax

Reaction score
image-3900696568.jpg

These are 100 year old steins from Standard Brewery in Baltimore

Dang,those had to cost you! Here's a couple of glass stiens I got from Germany with hop bines around the lid & the Bavarian crest. My dad's side is from Upper Bavaria;
http://

Cool steins... I have a few more. The ones up top are "His and Hers" versions that I picked up at a stein show last week.

Lolz,his & hers. I like that. Reminda me of Girve's Brown Derby when it was still across from Hopkins. They had two rib steaks,the Napolean & the Josphine. Josephine was smaller.

^^Wow! That one almost looks like carved ivory. Very cool. I like steins for when we're sittin in the shade in warm weather,waitin on the bbq pit. Keep the dust & bugs outta the beir. Plus they look so cool.

We road tested it last night at a local restaurant... Keeps the beer nice and cold. They're a lot of fun to drink from and draw a few stares here and there. Sometimes people can't believe we bring the old ones out - but that's what they were meant for.

I will have to catch up to this one when i get home. i've got a decently sweet collection of old ones with some not so old. great thread idea!

Having trouble uploading photos. here's a few. i will post a few more up later. None of these have dates on them, which makes me think they're not that old...First two are stamped 'Germany' on the bottom, the Shakespeare one is from England. It says "Do thou amend thy face & I'll amend my life"
:mug:

Western undated.jpg

Germany Kings Keg.jpg

Falstaff to Bardolph.jpg

Here are a couple more. The last one is really old, but again, has no date on it. Most of these are way too soiled to think about drinking out of. I have a couple glass ones that are great for pouring from the kegerator though. :mug:

Bowling (germany) undated.jpg

Double Castle.jpg

mountain goat.jpg

Praha.jpg

mosaic.jpg

This last one is pretty cool. I have a pewter tankard that came from Sheffield,UK from the Avon City rummage/antique sale a few years ago. Haveta get a pic of it,althought it's old & kinda plain.

Jeez, you guys have some great works of art. They are fabulous. If only they good talk. The stories they could tell.

good stuff guys. love the ww2 one. that is so unique and has a great story tied to it. don't sell that thing! would be awesome to pass on through your family.
blackbeard, nice collection man!

My Father in law had a nice little collection of Steins when he passed away about 10 years ago.
I mentioned wanting them, but wife and her sibs let them go to the estate auction.
I did not go to the auction, or I probably would have bid on them; don't even know what they went for.

Some lucky jerk probably got them for a buck or two a piece.

Here's an 1890 Westerwald stoneware I grabbed from a restaurant that was closing about a year ago. Filled with my newest Munich Yunger Ale - what a great beer.

westerwald_munich_yunger_ale.jpg

Here are mine. Nothing too crazy. All the big ones, except for the Air Force Academy, are Avon that I got from my great grandma after she passed. The two small ones came from my in-laws after they went to Germany and Praha.

image-1314112677.jpg

This is my best one. It is from the Lemp Brewery in St. Louis from 1903. Lemp was the first major brewery in St. Louis, its older than AB. Lemp later changed its name to Falstaff.

It says Lemp Employes' Ball

20130303_120015_zpsb0fc496f.jpg

This is my best one. It is from the Lemp Brewery in St. Louis from 1903. Lemp was the first major brewery in St. Louis, its older than AB. Lemp later changed its name to Falstaff.

It says Lemp Employes' Ball

20130303_120015_zpsb0fc496f.jpg

I bet it was a hell of a party!

I hate Budweiser incidentally so does he, but my dad has a impressive holiday stein collection. He has them all now, 81 to present, the original budman, the Chris Columbus steins etc. Kinda a cool collection.

Collection2.jpg

A few of the cooler ones

nina2.jpg

Nina.jpg

budman3.jpg

88.jpg

I need to update the pictures with the new ones and the few that were missing when I took these for him.

Here is one my dad gave to me (This isn't my picture, but it was easy to find one online)

anheuser_busch_history_of_brewing_steins_with_box_P0000125599S0006T2.jpg

The scene is supposed to be a 19th century pubhouse.

That is a 4 liter stein, my parents bought it when we were stationed in Germany. My mom gifted to me, cause she knows I love beer

Back