Philadelphia Area Beer Lovers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DtownRiot

Reaction score
Hey all, found a gem of a brew-pub today. It's called Nodding Head Brewery on 1516 Samson Street. I'm writing this review/recommendation from the pub right now. The place is very cozy yet big enough to spread out with a few friends. The beer... right now they have five beers on tap, a rye ipa, a wee heavier, a German wheat beer, a pale lager, and an english brown ale. The rye IPA is one of the best IPA's I've ever had in my beer drinking days. The grog is also amazing but, I would only try it once, it's heavy for my taste. About to try the lager next.
Gordon Grubb is the brewer here and he is a real cool guy. He showed me how he brews here and actually sat down with me for a bit to have a drink. Very cool place, great staff, and great beer. Gordon seems very willing to answer any questions also.
I give it four out of five beers!!!!

Cheers

Oh yea, Nodding Head is good stuff. Also check out South Philly Taproom. I was there for a Philly Beer Week event, the manager is a beer geek, they have EXCELLENT stuff on tap.

Plus always have some Troegs on, so I'm a little partial :)

I work in the neighborhood so I stop in there every now and then - great beers but those steps can be a bit tricky on the way out!

Back