Keggle Conversion in Chicagoland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRoyLenz

Reaction score
Greetings fellow Chicagoans...

I was wondering if there is anyone out there in the greater Chicagoland area that had the required tools to convert a Sanke Keg to a keggle. I will be obtaining a keg in the next couple weeks, and I think I'll be getting a burner for Christmas (if not, I'll be buying one after Christmas).

I'm living in a pretty tiny condo in the city, with no decent tools or space to work. I was thinking, if anyone is interested, we could have a few people get together, have a group brew day, maybe convert a keggle or two, have some BBQ, bring some homebrew, meet some fellow brewers and HBTers, etc. I hate to propose this idea, then request somebody else host, but like I said, there isn't much room for us to work at my place.

I think it could turn out to be a pretty fun day. Let me know if anyone else would be interested, or if you'd like to host.

Cheers! :mug:

I might just take you up on that.

Do you have a 10 gallon set up? I'm thinking, in repayment for your help (on top of paying for the supplies and whatnot) I could bring along a 10 gallon recipe, we could brew it up, and I could leave half with you and take half home. Just a thought. If you don't have the 10 gallon set up, we could just do the 5, and I'll leave it with you anyways, I love brewing, even if I can't enjoy the fruits of the loved labor... :D

I think the offer of free beer will get you a few closer options. I have a system capable of 10g, but I rarely brew that much. I prefer making more recipes than making more beer and not being able to drink it all.

If you can't find someone closer to you than me, then I'd be more than happy to help you.

Back