Does anyone build a ready to go RIMS setup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
I know that BrewMagic builds their RIMS wizard but that just seems like overkill. Im looking for basically the completed tubes with elements and a small control panel, like the tool box control panel. More or less just hook up hoses plug it in set the temp and go. I already own a Brewmation electric system but the one thing missing from my setup is the RIMS element for mashing. I currently use a 10 gallon cooler:( If anyone knows of where I can buy a RIMS setup it would be much appreciated! Cheers

I looked hard for something like the Sabco Rims Wizard, but couldn't find anything affordable.

Using tons of info from this site, I built my own "Rims Toolbox". It is toolbox with a pump mounted inside, the rims tube mounted on the back and a PID in the lid. It was fun little project and MUCH less expensive than the Sabco system.

I dont suppose you have a parts list or anything? Thats my issue is that I cant find a definitive list of parts needed.

I don't think anywhere, but you could get a pre made RIMS tube and probe from brewers hardware and an element and pid from ebay.

Ummm "rims tube for dummies" search for it.

I posted a parts list near the last pages

-= Jason=-

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

Ummm "rims tube for dummies" search for it.

I posted a parts list near the last pages

-= Jason=-

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

Thanks ill check that out. Ive looked thru that thread a million times but can never really get a definitive list. Ill check yours out though! Cheers

The rims for dummies thread is the way to go.

I bought the tri-clamp rims tube from Brewers Hardware, an Auber PID 2362, 25A SSR, type K thermocouple, some terminal blocks, switches and March 809 pump with Poly head.

It wasn't hard to build and all of the resources I used were from this site.

Yeah the problem with that product is that it controls the burners and is not electric

Oops! You're absolutely right! Sorry for the confusion.

To quote someone who has seen one:

"The tower of power is a mudular structure that allows precise control over kettle temperature by regulating the gas flow to your top tier burner. He does this with a digital controller, a striker and a gas solenoidvalve to control the flow of propane into the burner. The Tower is also available with an integrated March 809 Pump, flow controller, & 3 way flow control valves. Very cool. I cant wait to have one of these in the shop to drool over."

Link: http://fhsteinbart.wordpress.com/

Kal

The rims for dummies thread is the way to go.

I bought the tri-clamp rims tube from Brewers Hardware, an Auber PID 2362, 25A SSR, type K thermocouple, some terminal blocks, switches and March 809 pump with Poly head.

It wasn't hard to build and all of the resources I used were from this site.

Its the "some terminal blocks, switches" that worries me about building this type of setup. I really need a step by step manual or something. GUess ill have to comb thru that thread again

MalFet said:
Is this what you're looking for? (a la this thread)

Wow, that is a really cheap entry point for RIMS.

Anyone have one of these and can provide feedback? Curious if the manufacturer has options for Stainless or threaded fittings... Also material of the RIMS tube.

Will probably email them with a few ?'s

Very interesting piece of equipment. I watched the video on their site.

A couple of things to consider...
It doesn't appear that it can be disassembled for cleaning. I know everyone will say CIP with PBW, but I've run PBW through mine for an hour and there was still gunk in the tube that I didn't want in my next beer.

I also don't think the pump is included, which will cost another hondo or more.

I'm sure it works great and would love to see one in action, I just would have made the rims tube external and removable.

i'd just build a rims tube, unless you can't screw pipe nipples together and do simple wiring.

-=Jason=-

Very interesting piece of equipment. I watched the video on their site.

A couple of things to consider...
It doesn't appear that it can be disassembled for cleaning. I know everyone will say CIP with PBW, but I've run PBW through mine for an hour and there was still gunk in the tube that I didn't want in my next beer.

I also don't think the pump is included, which will cost another hondo or more.

I'm sure it works great and would love to see one in action, I just would have made the rims tube external and removable.

Yeah I was concerned about the cleaning on this as well. Im guessing because the top has screws in its removable to I would be curious to see how accessible the element it.

Latest posts

Back