South of the Border newbie looking for hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBeerStore

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can order hops and have them sent to me in Mexico? I am wanting to buy like 22 to 44 pounds in all (various types) Here is the deal I am wanting to sell homebrewing supplies and materials here in Monterrey Mexico. No one is doing as of now. There are some places deeper in the south and central parts of Mexico but none here in the North. Since I am a newbie, still I am not sure what stuff to start with. But I am sure hops here are real expensive so I want to start with them to help out a group here of newbie brewers. Thanks in advance

Try freshops.com

I'd suggest learning a little more about brewing before you open a shop of your own. You'll end up with nothing but complaints from your customers if you don't know what you're talking about and don't stock everything they may need.

Half the reason I even found this forum was because I needed an answer to something and my LHBS people didn't know what they were talking about.

But...I do like to see more shops open up...there aren't enough of them for the hobby to seriously grow. Good luck with it.

Thanks for the input. Well actually that is exactly what I am doing. I have bought most of the basic equiptment and I am making a beer workshop. we will brew the first batch next weekend. I am looking for 5 types of hops to start with becuase I already have an order for 5k of hops. 5 types. Casade, Mt Hood, Liberty, Galena and Chinook. As I get requests for products I will stock more things.

Good luck with the business, your best bet is to know as much as you can about everything beer brewing related and to talk about it as much as you can to anyone who is interested or at least willing to listen. In my book anyone who is able to introduce a community to the joy of brewing their own beer is a local hero.

Back