Which mini-fridge for 2-keg conversion?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drycreek

Reaction score
I would like to do a mini-fridge kegerator conversion in the next 2-3 months, and want to go ahead and keep an eye out for a good fridge in the meantime. I want something that can hold 2 corny kegs, a 5 lb CO2 tank, and have a 2 tap tower on top. I prefer a stainless front, but would also consider black.

I've read quite a few old threads, but most of the fridge models are no longer available. For instance, the Sanyo 4912 seems like a very popular choice, but the only places that currently sell it are $300+. That seems very high.

Does anyone have recent experience with doing this conversion and a fridge model they would recommend? Even if you don't have a specific recommendation, are there some things I should watch for? Internal dimensions, freezer component, etc?

Thanks a lot for the help.

This is the fridge many of us here on HBT have converted into a kegerator: http://www.lowes.com/pd_326299-4722...s_4294857965_4294937087_?Ns=p_product_price|0

Everything I've read about this fridge indicates that it has a freezer component. Is it fairly easy to remove the freezer component for the sake of a kegerator conversion?

Are there mini-fridges that do not have a freezer component at all? Seems like that would be the most straightforward route if possible.

The "freezer" is a plastic shelf. Just pull it out. It's not attached and doesn't have any coolant lines in it.

Back