I might just convert small batch AG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naristov

Reaction score
Due to space and stove limitations I have only been brewing extract beers. I did however make a 2.5 gallon AG Eggnog Stout....and boy was that delicious. My extract beers have come out pretty good, most people who try them like them. The AG was fresher tasting and had more distinct flavors. I'm thinking of switching to AG small batches.

I have been considering the same thing. I've got several stove top partial mashes under my belt, and am thinking 2.5 gallon all grain batches might be the next step.

I have been considering the same thing. I've got several stove top partial mashes under my belt, and am thinking 2.5 gallon all grain batches might be the next step.

I would go for it. It's not much "harder" to do. The down side is you get less beer, but it also means less bottling (yay!) also it means you can make more batches of beer (yay!).

This is the method I followed for the most part

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/all-grain-brewing-extract-brewing-equipment-pics-142648/

I did my first stove-top as an all-grain last week (my first BIAB too) - Very easy and fun. I like being able to split the beer into small primaries too (Carlo Rossi gallon jugs).

A great way to experiment and learn without committing to 5 gallons!

The only thing I needed was a paint strainer bag from Lowes, some clamps to hold the bag in the pot, and a mini auto-siphon to get the beer out of the gallon jugs.

I just brewed a partial mash, and was thinking the exact same thing. I have all I need to do this BIAB so no extra equipment cost.

Most I can boil stove top is 3 gallons ending volume and have went from 1.5-2.5 gal batches recently. However now I bought a bottleing bucket which is 6.5 gal. Now I want to try a 5 gallon Partial and use my bucket to ferment in. All I would have to do is mash then top off or even boil a few pounds of extract/few gallons of water to get to 5 gallons.

Back