Sorachi Ace - non Saison recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jevans

Reaction score
I have a pound of Sorachi Ace in my freezer - not quite sure why I ordered it. Does anyone have experience making APA/IPA with it? I know it makes a good Saison but it is kind of past the Saison time of year (at least in Northern California). Any feedback/thoughts/experiences would be much appreciated.

Used it recently with some Amarillo for more of a summer wheat beer, and it turned out great. Fruity, actually tasted very pina colada like, maybe it was the combo of hops, maybe just a funky batch, either way good for a hot day. It would be interesting to hear others experience with it, maybe mixed with Citra, Simcoe, or something?

Make a huge IIPA with it! I was at the Deschutes Bar in Portland last month and tried their Citra-bomb Freshly Squeezed IPA.

From what I hear, Sorachi Ace is big and lemony.

Just a thought.

i made an IPA with sorachis and summits awhile back....it was one of the most interesting IPAs ive ever made. I think it would be a nice compliment to any of the c-hops

I've been thinking of using Sorachi's lemongrass flavour to brew a lemongrass-ginger ale. Think it would fit in nicely there. Not tooo much though...balance is the key.

I used it in a rye IPA with cascade and amarillo, 1st beer I entered in a competition and got 2nd place (41pts) in catergory 23.

I made a recipe that is on hopville that I have been wanting to do it calls for sorachi ace citra centennial and summit. Its called tsar bombam I always thought it would make a great citras ipa

i had 4 oz of this hop and wanted to see what it was like, so i mashed 95% 2 row 5% crystal 60 and then did an oz at 60 min, .5 oz at 20 and 10, 1 oz at 0 min and 1 oz dry hop. pretty interesting hop, tasted kind of lemony, and a little grapefuity. some people who have tried this beer tasted tons of coconut though, and some people said it tasted really danky. so i dunno haha

Back