NHC Comp results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
I received my second round score sheets yesterday from the second round. The RIS received a 38.5, the American Stout scored 39, and the fruit beer received a 24. The fruit beer (Raspberry Imperial Stout) picked up a secondary infection some where along the line and developed a severe diacytle character. So now I will work to track that down. The same beer, bottled at the same time, took gold in a recent comp. with not diacytle detected. But last night when I sampled the source keg I could pick it up. So I need to review my sanitation practices - they will get you every time!

I had forgotten about the 2nd round score sheets. I hope I get mine soon. My ESB made it to the 2nd round, it'll be interesting to see how it fared.

Congrats on your scores, bummer about your infection though.

I must have gotten lazy, cut a corner or some other bone head thing. That our SWMBO is finally had it with all my brewing and spit in my beer!

I must have gotten lazy, cut a corner or some other bone head thing. That our SWMBO is finally had it with all my brewing and spit in my beer!

Although a sour raspberry imperial stout might turn out really good, though I don't think the diacetyl would work very good

So is the the same Raspberry stout I will be trying is a couple weeks?

Oh well, I guess you can't win them all :)

Craig

:off:

BP-

have you received the PMs i have sent?

Ignoring or not getting. I guess i would like to know either way.:mug:

did you beer-gun these into bottles from the keg already carb'd where you wanted them?

I'm glad you posted this, I was just beginning to wonder if they were ever going to send out scoresheets for the second round. I guess I will keep checking the mail.

Received my results on Thursday of last week. I was given a composite score of 40 for my ESB. Not bad at all for one year of homebrewing (The comp was on my actual anniversary). Also, my beer actually made it to the mini best in show. A little motivation to keep with it :)

Back