OK to secondary at room temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt-tastic

Reaction score
So, a few weeks back, I brewed a Sweet Stout (from extract), and had the mad hair to try it with coffee. So, I had the decision to split the batch, and rack to 2 3gallon Better Bottles, one with cold-pressed coffee, and one as per the recipe. I'll let it live there for 2 weeks.

I built a SoFC for my fermenter (that's where it has lived for the last 2 weeks), but my better bottles won't fit in there. Should I be OK to let it live in my closet for the next 2 weeks? It should be about 70-75 degrees, and I never use the closet, so it'll be closed for the entire time.

and, because everyone likes pics:
537771_4599958751839_1752435284_n.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah, i figured as much. I'm actually getting a slight bit of airlock action, i assume from the slight aeration while racking.

I probably his FG a few days ago, OG was 1.055, FG ended at 1.015, giving about 5.5% ABV. I'm happy with that, and i'll know more in about a month :)

Back