Fermentation Vessel (San Diego Costco)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phatuna

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just picked up one of these that I'll use for fermentation. It is food grade and is made to hold 90 lbs of dog food. I think it will work just fine to hold fermenting wort as well. I think that it will hold at least 12 gallons if not more. What do you think? $25 bucks. This is the same plastic vessel that AHBS and others sell for a lot more. The only drawback is the top is on an angle at the top.
Not sure if all Costco's will stock. these are made by a local san diego company so my thought is just here for now. They are on the Costco on Morena.

photo.jpg

I'm planning on picking some of those up, but I'll be using them for grain storage. Never thought of fermenting in there.

I have always wanted to have some of these but the price (usually >$40) turned me off. Pricing them at $25 makes them much more attractive. How many pounds of grain does 90 lbs of dog food translate into?

This will be weighed against the $5 buckets with sealed lids that I use which hold 25lbs each. I can store a 55 lb bag of grain using 2 with the remainder in a ziplock bag for roughly $10. If the Vittle Vaults can hold 55+ lbs of grain then I might look into them. Montanaandy

Back