Grilled Veggie Night!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've got so much meat/sausage in the freezer, we decided to do leftovers and just grill the veggies. Lime glaze on the corn and a orange zest glaze on the carrots. I loved grilled veggies.

How does everyone do their corn? I used to leave the husk on, soak in brine, and put it right on the coals. Now I just pull the husk back and drop right over the coals.

IMG_02747.JPG

IMG_02756.JPG

I like it both ways, but I don't always have the foresight to soak the corn first, so it winds up going on as shown in the photo.

I grilled some squash and zucchini last night with balsamic, olive oil, garlic and oregano and served it with a sauce of greek yogurt, chopped kalamatas, and cumin. Nom nom.

We used to go toa big corn roast every year. Soak the corn overnight in water, then on the huge grill. Keep it in coolers with tables setup up with big tubs of butter and paintbrushes. hundred of people there. so good.

I like to soak the corn in water, peel back the husk and load it up with butter, salt & pepper, and a little bit of garlic powder. Then pull the husk back over it, tie it up so it stays shut, and throw it right on the coals for 20 minutes or so.

My favorite grilled veggie is romaine lettuce. Slice it in half, drizzle with olive oil and a little basalmic vinegar and grill cut side down a minute or two. If I can remember, I'll throw on some parmesan once it's done.

Husk on the corn, no soak.

Latest posts

Back