Free at last!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Yesterday, I finally finish clearing the debris from my driveway and got into town for the first time since the storm started on the 15th. Spent another two hours in the morning cutting branches and hauling them off the road. The snow had melted enough that I was able to get down to the final layer. There is still 6-8" of snow on the main slope, but the old Ram 50 I purchased in November managed quite nicely.

If you ever need a powered polesaw, I heartily endorse the Troy-Bilt 8-Inch Pole Saw attachment. Came with an extension, so I was able to cut broken branches 10-11 feet off the ground. Burned over a gallon of fuel in four days cutting & a pint of chain lube, without any problems. I would not have been able to get out without it.

Today, I'll be picking out the chunks of wood that are big enough to use in the stove. Five days without power and no heat pump has taught me a lesson.

That is: A well-stocked kegger can provide needed calories and the illusion of warmth.

We need pics!

lumberjack.jpg

David_42 after a hard day. :D

Boss Bailey tore a bunch of skin his legs off running through the snow/ice/snow/ice/snow/ice. But, I always keep a months supply of dog food around.

Already have a beard.

Only crazy people buy double-bit axes!

...shows the tree that came down where I used to park the RV. For scale, the pole barn is ten feet tall in front and the little lumps in the foreground are a 135 gallon propane tank and a 3 foot tall concrete barrier.

It's about 250 feet to the pole barn, the street is another 3000 feet.

snow_on_the_barn.jpg

What is this?

IMG_4990.JPG

You weren't in the hot tub during the snow? That's the best!

My pump shattered a couple years ago, during the coldest day of the year. Neighbor panicked, called me, and I came home to a driveway ice skating rink. Literally had my buddies kids on skates in my driveway. I'll see if they can e-mail
the pics.

I had a sundance cameo jr, perfect for 2, but fit 4. Damn, I miss that spa.

Looks like a gas grill/lagering chamber to me. Man and I thought the snow up here was bad! David you may already have a beard, but being shut in is the perfect excuse to let it get unruly, Grizzly Adams style.

Back