Should I buy these towers? 100 for both?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickw85

Reaction score
2012-11-06

I am guessing they will need to be rebuilt. Polished obviously.

You need to decide if the amount of time to clean them up, rebuild, and such is worth the price. I would be concerned about that drip tray. If it's not brass, then it's just NASTY.. Also, if you have a place where they'll look good once cleaned up.

Would you put a protection coating on them, or let them tarnish/patina again?? There's something to be said for a nice patina on brass items.

I am a big fan of brass and the patina on it. I collect old tools from early 1900's pre WWI. Lots of brass on some old tools.

I have no issue cleaning it. I just have no idea if these are hard to come by. First I have seen. My thought is if I bought these and never used them could I get my money back reselling them? I don't want to buy them then find out I can only get $20. I am also not looking to buy and re-sell

Sounds like you have some research to do on them... If it's not going to cost too much to rebuild/condition them, then it could be worth it. Look to see what similar towers are going for now.

Last brass tower like these went for $40 with 15 for shipping friend bought it polished and added prelick brass plated 525's. Don't expect to buy to turn a big profit. Posted on e-bay brand new $145

Picked them up yesterday for $80. ordered some replacement parts for $36 and they should be working taps soon. A little cleaning and polish will do them some good. Drip tray is solid brass too. Not dirty like it may look in the picture.

Back