Thru-The-Wall

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzzyglasses

Reaction score
I'm looking at setting up a system that'll go through a 11-12" block concrete/brick wall between my kitchen and my garage.

I've found these 24" long, 1/4"OD "wall shanks" on a few of the internet websites. Right now I'm planning on having the kegerator up against the wall i'll be tapping thru in the garage side and hopefully have the shank protrude into the fridge to try and keep it chilled.

Is the 11" run through the wall too much exposed line and will make the beer a foamy mess? The wall should be really cool in the winter but not so much in the summer time

Suggestions? New to kegs and systems, should I be looking at something else? Please help me before I put a hole in my kitchen.

Scott

I have 12 inch thanks going through the side of my walk in cooler. If your going through concrete block you will need a serioususly long masonry drill bit. I don't really know about foaming issues gout through the potentially warm block, maybe you could drill the hole s little bit bigger than you than needed and wrap the shank that black pipe insulation.

My buddy did something similar, not through block though. His Kegerator is in his garage and the tap is in his "man cave" he has like 4ft of line and is covered in a foam insulation between the kegerator and the wall and he has no foaming problems.

why not just run LINE and not SHANK through the wall (oh, and I'd spray a keg load of can foam into that hole you drilled, too). actually I'd run the line inside an insulated PVC pipe.

Back