East Coast/West Cost swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettV

Reaction score
I'm based in NYC, and I have access to a oodles of great East Coast brewers (Ommegang, Allagash, Six Point, Blue Point, Dogfish Head, etc.) I know a lot of you out there are based on the West Coast, and we all know that not every brewery distributes bi-coastally. I'd be willing to swap a beer of your choice for some of those great California/Colorado beers that don't make it our way (like Pliny the Elder or anything by New Belgium.) Let's make a trade!

Nope. They absolutely do not ship to New York. I've bartended and had managers who were just about ready to drive to Colorado and bring back cases of Fat Tire because people ask for it so often. Oddly enough, they'll ship to Atlanta, because that was the first place I had it. I've even looked at some online vendors, and tried to put in New Belgium stuff, and as soon as I put my zipcode in it cancels the order and tells me they won't ship there.

Makes me wonder if the founder had his car stolen here, or got mugged or something.

Do you have access to Bell's two hearted? I might be interested in a swap that includes that.

It appears I can't get this in New York, but it's widely available in Philadelphia only 2 hours away. I don't particularly have any reason to rush there, but I will keep it in mind the next time I get down there. Wonder why so many places in Philly would have it, but not a drop to be found just a hair north...

Being near Chicago, I have a pretty good selection from east, west, and midwest breweries. My problem is I can't get the special release beers from most of these breweries. I have access to just about every New Belgium beer if you can get ahold of Dogfish Head's Burton Baton. I can't get Pliny, but I've had it before and it's not worth buying again in my opinion. I've heard it's much better fresh, so eventually I'd like to try it at the brewery, but it won't be anytime soon.

I'll bet I can get that. Dogfish Head is PLENTIFUL in NYC. There's a beer store in Brooklyn near a friend of mine that has a plethora of their brews. I'll do a little sleuth work and let you know. But I'm pretty sure I can get just about anything they make.

how much is shipping running you guys? ive been looking for Fat Tire, but I live in florida and online a 24 pack is $75 total, thats outrageous

I can get new belgium all day long. I'm up for trading! Im big into IPA's. Im really looking for some 120 IPA or a KBS. Im up for other offers as well.

I've got access to New Belgium, Russian River, The Bruery etc.

Do you have access to 120 Minute IPA or anything "rare"? I can get most of the regular Ommegang, DFH, beers in CA. (Don't PM the response if possible, the 5 message limit is very hard to keep track of)

Back