Gas hookup for counterpressure filler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMO

Reaction score
I finally got my counterpressure filler today in the mail. The accessory kit that came with it has a T fitting and a quick disconnect. anyone have a picture or tip on how they hooked theirs up? Thanks,

Gas to keg and counterpressure filler, for purging the bottle. That is where the T fitting comes into place. I made my own, so not sure what exactly you have.

The commercial kits are basically an oversized brass T shape. Halfway down the vertical line is a blow off valve(right above where the fitting goes into the bottle).

One line leaving the horizontal end(top of the T) will go to your CO2 tank. The other line at the top of the T will be the line coming out of your keg. You will need to put a T fitting in both your CO2 line going to your keg and a T fitting in your beer line out of your keg.

I don't know if it came with instructions on how to use it. Essentially you turn off all of the valves. Put the filler in the bottle. Open the CO2 line at the top of the tool. Then open the puke valve/escape valve just above the bottle lid. Approximate when you think the CO2 will have replaced the oxygen with CO2. Generally I think it takes around 10 seconds but it would depend on your pressure. CO2 is heavier then oxygen so it will tend to stay in the bottle.

Once the bottle is full of CO2 release the scape valve so it closes and close the CO2 valve leading into the bottle. Open up the beer line and if everythings air tight beer will start flowing when you open the release valve again.

Latest posts

Back