How Many HBT Forum Members Does It Take To Change a Light Bulb?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VatorMan

Reaction score
1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

5 to post photos of lightbulbs that they have changed.

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

2 who will take the photo and photoshop it with different lamp shades so you can see the differences ?

I figured as much. :D However, the proper industry term for light bulb is Luminaire now.:rockin:

Zymurgrafi forgot to quote the whole OP.

And, there's the inevitable light bulb post which ends up in the fight club, and another which ends up with 1,000 meaningless posts in the drunken ramblings. :D

but the real question is, Does the bulb really need changing? Or is it just our perception that it needs to be changed because we're told change is good?

I see it only took 12 posts before Godwin's law was invoked...:D

And I envoked Evan!'s law a few before that!

The OP forgot the 1 member to read the post about changing the light bulb...then come back in 14 days to start a new thread, hoping that he's going to get new friends by acting like he's never read about a light bulb before.

Once again I will prove my lack of interwebby knowledge by saying ..... what?:eek:

Only 'cause it's you......

(anyone wanna bet whether or not a certain "someone" starts a thread asking about this in the next day or so???)

GodwinsLaw_CatPoster.jpg

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies)[1] is an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states:[2][3]

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

Godwin's Law is often cited in online discussions as a deterrent against the use of arguments in the reductio ad Hitlerum form.

The rule does not make any statement whether any particular reference or comparison to Hitler or the Nazis might be appropriate, but only asserts that one arising is increasingly probable. It is precisely because such a comparison or reference may sometimes be appropriate, Godwin has argued[4] that overuse of Nazi and Hitler comparisons should be avoided, because it robs the valid comparisons of their impact. Although in one of its early forms Godwin's Law referred specifically to Usenet newsgroup discussions,[5] the law is now applied to any threaded online discussion: electronic mailing lists, message boards, chat rooms, and more recently blog comment threads and wiki talk pages.

regarding_mussolini.png

Actually when he called me a seacrh nazi, he invoked it didn't he???

Only 'cause it's you......

(anyone wanna bet whether or not a certain "someone" starts a thread asking about this in the next day or so???)

Actually when he called me a seacrh nazi, he invoked it didn't he???
I'm in, and he did.

But just because he thinks you're a Nazzi! (Spoken like Cotton Hill...NA-ZEE) doesn't mean he won't start a new thread about it.

I smashed my lightbulbs for one hour after heating them to 155*F and then sparged using Bobby_M's method. My efficiency was terrible, I extracted zero light out of these light bulbs after performing the procedure.

Are my light bulbs ruined??? :confused:

LED'S Maaaaaaaaaaan.

Light Bulbs are sooooooooo, yesterday.

Ever wonder what kinda recycling program the Prez will create to collect all the used up CFL's when he bans Incandescent?

I'm in, and he did.

But just because he thinks you're a Nazzi! (Spoken like Cotton Hill...NA-ZEE) doesn't mean he won't start a new thread about it.

I hear he killed fiddy men! That's right, he's a hero! They're gonna burry him in the Texas State Cemetary!

Just don't mess with his Cadillac car.

I hear he killed fiddy men! That's right, he's a hero! They're gonna burry him in the Texas State Cemetary!

Just don't mess with his Cadillac car.

Dats fitdy' men!

Shoot I forgot the entire original post quote... Give it six months, I'll get back to this...

I don't change my light bulbs by hand anymore because I am worried the glass will shatter and cut my hand. So, I built a fully automated light bulb changer using 44 different parts I ordered from McMaster-Carr and bought on Ebay. There are photos of my light bulb changer in the DIY forum.

My next upgrade will be to have a light bulb monitoring system which will notify a central computer of the GPS coordinates of any light bulb which is not functioning correctly. A light bulb changing robot will then be dispatched to the coordinates of the faulty bulb and my light bulb changer will be employed by the robot to change the bulb.

I'm afraid my cats will damage the robot, so I added a high voltage shock system which will deter any cats from playing with the robot.

Some folks think it's overkill to have a fully automated light bulb system, but to them I say F*CK OFF, I do this because it's my ****** HOBBY!!!! :rockin:

Can anyone find any holes in my system?

Also I would like schematics for the light monitoring system if anyone has built one of these before....

Is their anyone out there that can calculate, for me, how long my candle will last if burnt according to the instructions. I bought it at C3, it's the Simcoe candle?

I don't change my light bulbs by hand anymore because I am worried the glass will shatter and cut my hand. So, I built a fully automated light bulb changer using 44 different parts I ordered from McMaster-Carr and bought on Ebay. There are photos of my light bulb changer in the DIY forum.

My next upgrade will be to have a light bulb monitoring system which will notify a central computer of the GPS coordinates of any light bulb which is not functioning correctly. A light bulb changing robot will then be dispatched to the coordinates of the faulty bulb and my light bulb changer will be employed by the robot to change the bulb.

I'm afraid my cats will damage the robot, so I added a high voltage shock system which will deter any cats from playing with the robot.

Some folks think it's overkill to have a fully automated light bulb system, but to them I say F*CK OFF, I do this because it's my ****** HOBBY!!!! :rockin:

Can anyone find any holes in my system?

Also I would like schematics for the light monitoring system if anyone has built one of these before....

Why not just bi-puss the whole electrical system and install a rather largish Tesla coil to get all the florescent lights glowing at once?

Latest posts

Back