Mountain Dew Clone... sort of

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrFoodScientist

Reaction score
I'm not a Mt. Dew drinker, so I'm not sure why made this. It's not a perfect match, but it's a start and I'd love to have some feedback here. Probably for a better match you'll want to skip the peels, they add some citrusy bitterness that I just can't live without, but may be nasty for other people.

2 cups sugar, inverted in 1 cup water

Juice from:
2 oranges (about 1/2 cup)
2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
2 limes (about 1/4 cup)

1 cup water
Peel from:
1/2 orange
1/2 lemon
1/2 lime

Carbonated water up to 1 gallon.

Combine sugar, 1 cup water, and cream of tartar. Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes. Allow to cool. Bring the other 1 cup of water to a boil separately. Add the citrus peels, remove from heat and cover. Allow to steep until it has cooled to room temperature. Strain and add to sugar solution, along with the strained juices Ensure it is well blended. Add to carbonated water and mix gently until dissolved.

The face of "the occupation of Wall Street" campaign, many politicians in Washington did not reflect on their own policy errors committed, but again opted for a strategy to avoid anger is nothing new in China. In the last week adopted a procedural vote, on Tuesday, the U.S. Senate by 63 votes to 35 votes in the 2011 Reform Act of currency exchange rate surveillance", the bill aims to force the U.S. government on the so-called "exchange rate is undervalued," the major trading partners impose punitive tariffs. Bill by the House of Representatives will then vote, the House leaders had previously said they did not support the bill. The main goal of RMB exchange rate if the final bill passed in both houses of Congress and signed by U.S. President Barack Obama, China's exports to the U.S. products could face export tariffs on a wide range of sanctions.The "chaos added a block," the motion, both seriously interfere with the Sino-US economic and trade relations, but also to revive the world economy is struggling to increase barriers. Many economic experts and officials are the contents of this bill is reasonable and, ultimately, by chance questioned. Perhaps, as they say, if the United States insists, will eventually suffer.

Img321313839.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________
Aion Kinah|Aion Gold|FFXI Gil

WoW your really smart

Back