1332 Northwest Fun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlesmartin

Reaction score
After 24 hours of fermenting a basic amarillo pale ale, i switched from the blowoff to an airlock. Ha! Less than 24 hours later, I heard a funny sound coming from the room where the carboys live. sssssssssshhhhhhhhhh...I went to see what was causing the sound. The 1332's krausen was sneaking into the airlock. If it would have had 5 more minutes, the room would have been painted with amarillo pale ale. Do not underestimate the power and endurance of this yeast. 1332 is a beast...can't wait to taste the magic. I'm leaving the blowoff for a few more days--Better safe than sorry.

Oh man, I know! I'm drinkin on that same beer brewed with the northwest ale. That yeast went nuts in primary. Huge krausen, lotsa blowoff, very active. Got an FG of 1.012, very clean, bright beer. Yeast packed dense in bottles and the best part, it's an amazing brew! I dry hopped with a oz of amarillos and am very impressed with the beer and the yeast (first time using NW ale). I plan on using it in my next west coast IPA/APA.

made a starter last week from some rinsed 1332. brewed on sunday night. left the blowoff for monday, tuesday, and most of wednesday. on wednesday eveing, i replaced the krausen filled blowoff with an airlock...it soon became a krausen filled airlock. removed the airlock and replaced the blowoff this morning (thursday). now the krausen is sneaking up into the clean blowoff. this has been a very active fermentation. i hope i have the same success as nordeastbrewer77.

i made an IIPA with that yeast. Took off way quick I remember. Fermented warm and might have over pitched, it's very esstery and a bit tart. hoping for it to mellow a bit with time!

I also love this yeast, i make sure i use a bucket with this strain so i can easily harvest those little beasts. Its a lot more versitile then white labs pacific strain

Back