Beamish Genuine Irish Stout Clone -review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whackenstack

Reaction score
Beamish Genuine Irish Stout Clone - BrewmeisterInTng
October 21, 2005

This was my first all grain brew. I have done probbalbly 15 or 20 extract brews. Man what I have been missing I just loved AG. It has been in my corny Keg for a week now and I tapped it last night. very nice full head kind of brown head though not tan and creamy like beamish. Still some sedimentation coming out of the keg. taste LOTS of coffie flavors strong bitter bite on the first couple of sips but it mellows nicely after Half a glass.

I am excited to see how this one ages. If I was going to change anything I may go down on the black patent. I got this clone recipie off of the beer tools.com site and a couple of comments made there said similar things about the black patent. I was wanting feed back from people here about the addition of malto dextrin to this recipie. what would be the pro and cons of adding it and what would be lacking in the way of flavor or mouthfeel to make me want to add malto dextrin? If this ages well I think I am gonna have to drop off my nitro tank and get it filled and try to nitrotap the next one

You'll probably like the Ode to Arthur Guinness clone in the recipe section on HBT I just kicked my first keg of it the other day and I wish I had made another so I would have to wait another couple of months.

Back