Is this just chill haze

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

317BREW

Reaction score
This is super cloudy chill haze or not

image-103261979.jpg

It's a pale ale in a keg. I did the quick carb method and its been in three days I believe

Needs more time to clear. You might have some chill haze, but with the quick shake method, I think you've got a lot of sediment and possibly yeast that still needs to settle. I would let it sit for a couple weeks, but since you carbed fast I assume that's probably not an option for you. As long it tastes ok, I wouldn't worry about it.

It clears a little. I think bbl-brews right I let it sit a few mins and I see sediment in the bottom of my glass. Since I quick carbed it will it eventually clear. It's not a big deal to me but a clear beer would be nice.

It's already alot better after a few hours of resting. Taste better too. Thanks for everyone's help

It no longer looks like 2 week old MCD's OJ. :mug: I stopped shaking to force carb, I just set it at 30 PSI for 36 hrs or so, then turn the pressure down.

On future brews,after FG is reached,give the beer 3-7 days to settle out clear before racking to the keg. You'll have less gunk getting into the glass.

It no longer looks like 2 week old MCD's OJ. :mug: I stopped shaking to force carb, I just set it at 30 PSI for 36 hrs or so, then turn the pressure down.

I do this as well if I need to get a beer going sooner. Otherwise I generally set my reg to serving PSI, between 5 and 8 PSI and let it sit for a couple weeks.

I am also lazy, so I don't like to adjust my gas regulators- "set it and forget it":D

When I first started kegging I learned that force carbonating can either be the worlds easiest method, or the biggest pain in the ass depending on the method used.

Back