Recipe share....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WyomingBrewer

Reaction score
Modified a recipe from a Brewers Best kit and it was a hit! The only thing the same as the kit is the LME and DME. I changed everything else up so it's not even close to the same beer now. Thought I would share it with everyone and see what others think. I may have an opportunity to brew this in a 10bbl system at a brewpub close by and sell it in there. Very exciting opportunity. Its between this one and an all grain Rye I call Raptor Rye. Any input is welcomed.

Big Horn Basin B.S. IPA

Directions for 5 Gallons

Ingredient List; 6.6 lbs. Briess Golden Light LME, 1 lb. Briess Golden Light DME, 6 oz. Crystal Malt 60L, 4 oz. Carapils, 1 oz. Galena Hops, 2 oz. Cascade Hops, Muntons Yeast.

Bring 3 gallons of water to 155 Degrees Farenheit. Place grains in muslin grain bag. Remove water from heat and steep grains for 30 minutes.
Remove grains from water and let drain, do not squeeze. Discard grains. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Dissolve 6.6 lbs. LME and 1 lb. DME in solution and return to boil.
Once Boil is reached add 1 oz. Galena hops and set timer for 60 minutes. @ 30 minutes add 1 oz. Cascade hops. @ 15 minutes add ½ oz. Cascade hops. @ Flame out add ½ oz. Cascade hops.
Cool to below 80 degrees as rapidly as possible. Transfer to fermenter. Top off fermenter to 5 gallons. Pitch Yeast. Ferment for 3 weeks in primary.

Back