Hopslam!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveHeff

Reaction score
So I bought a 6 pack of Hopslam today on my home from work. The name pretty much says it all. Lots of very good hoppy-ness. I'm more of a malt head, myself. But Hopslam blends together a delicious version of a double IPA, hops and honey. I have 5 more left (drank 1, got tipsy on an empty stomach) and if you can't get some and you live near me, I'll gladly share. It's good. Just make sure to bring some homebrew and we'll make the exchange! Definitely worth trying if you are at all curious. It gets an A- in my book, but if you're a hops fan, you'll go nuts for this beer. Enjoy!:tank:

just got the last 12er from the store. I hope it will last for me, but I doubt it:rockin:

i picked up a six pack at work today, im currently on #3. this brew definitely made it to my list of fine dipa

Glynn said:
i picked up a six pack at work today, im currently on #3. this brew definitely made it to my list of fine dipa

Do you know if Binny's is carrying Hopslam? My parents live in West Chicago and I'd like for them to pick some up for me if its available there.

Seems like it came early this year! If I'm just now reading about this, then it's already too late for me to buy it. Friar Tucks can't keep it on the shelves for 1 day before they're out.

Another one of those damn wimpy east coast IPAs! :D. When I tried it I wondered if there were any hops in there!

THat may have something to do with Michigan being bordered around the Atlantic Ocean?:confused::rolleyes:
Ive been hearing good things about it this year,hopefully I can get some soon. Im not really a huge fan of it,but I do enjoy it most definutsly!

Seems like it came early this year! If I'm just now reading about this, then it's already too late for me to buy it. Friar Tucks can't keep it on the shelves for 1 day before they're out.

Yea it came in yesterday and its all gone today and I am from your state. Sorry

WesleyS said:
Do you know if Binny's is carrying Hopslam? My parents live in West Chicago and I'd like for them to pick some up for me if its available there.

Yes, they have it

well you better get over there right now. I got mine at family foods, If Binnys has some, it would not be there for long. Better hurry!!

Better to call ahead and ask them to reserve a 6pack. That's what I did and got a 12 out of the deal. ED (at family foods) over there is really cool.

One of my coworkers called off work yesterday. Today he says, "The Attic has got Hopslam on tap. That may--or may not--be one of the reasons I called off yesterday."

I've never tried it but from that description alone, I think it sounds good.

And if you're reading this, coworker, shame on you! We work so we can afford to drink!

I know a guy from the UP and he use to drink hopslam on tap for free once upon a time. He was doing some work for the owner which owned a bar and forgot to pay him, so instead of cash, he drank all the Hopslam he could. There also was Two Hearted there. yum, yum

I also heard that Bells just bought a brewery in Chicago. Anybody every hear of this? Maybe more more Hopslam in the future?

I know a guy from the UP and he use to drink hopslam on tap for free, once upon a time. He was doing some work for the owner which owned a bar and forgot to pay him, so instead of cash, he drank all the Hopslam he could. I can imagine he drank the Hopslam dry. There also was Two Hearted there. yum, yum

I also heard that Bells just bought a brewery in Chicago. Anybody every hear of this? Maybe more more Hopslam in the future?

when i left the palatine marianos fresh market they had 4 cs left, but they are not putting then out on the shelves. you have to ask for it and they will give you only one sixer

Cracked one last night. Hard to taste underneath that amount of hops but mine actually had a slight solvent thing goin' on. I'm pretty sensitive to that though. We will definitely have to see if the other five have the same problem though! :mug:

Also picked up Smitten, their new rye ale. At first sip I wasn't that impressed, but I liked it more and more as I kept drinking. For a rye beer it's a very easy drinker.

Cracked one last night. Hard to taste underneath that amount of hops but mine actually had a slight solvent thing goin' on. I'm pretty sensitive to that though. We will definitely have to see if the other five have the same problem though! :mug:.

Oh god, dont drink all 6. and if you do, please post multiple times in the "Drunken Mumblings" forum. It'll be great!!

If this is your gateway IPA I do not want to see how you start drugs.

MIne was 2-hearted after a few trys, think if I tried Hopslam before most ipa's back then... I may have peed my pants a little bit.:eek:

Local place down the road just put Hopslam on tap. They had a special event for it. Gonna grab a pint in a bit.

Looks like solid 100 from all the beer rating sites.

Yea, I gotta brew up a batch of this. Its on my to do list along with Zombie Dust. Now I am enviousness, Hopslam on tap. Lucky, Lucky :rockin:

Hopslam is probably my number one. Ill buy a case and savor it for the year. Rinse and repeat until I die or they stop making it.

Just received some great news from my parents in Chicago. I will hopefully have this in hand next week!!

image-2858304815.jpg

I thought so myself. However, the distributor for Friar Tucks in Springfield, IL told me today that he has 20 cases on reserve for that location. It should be in this week or next. Thankfully, not too many people in Springfield know what good beer is, so I shouldn't have a problem if I get there a few days late.

Hop slam is on tap here in town and bottles are showing up everywhere.

I thought so myself. However, the distributor for Friar Tucks in Springfield, IL told me today that he has 20 cases on reserve for that location. It should be in this week or next. Thankfully, not too many people in Springfield know what good beer is, so I shouldn't have a problem if I get there a few days late.

I might just have to move there for a few days and help to alleviate the surplus. LOL:mug:

I was just informed today that it is going to be here by the end of the month,without even asking,wow!. I always like a well informed worker in a grocery store liquor department that know what they are doing, most of the time none of them know anything about beer. An old lady too, mind you.:)

I'm drinking one now (on an empty stomach, so mindful of the 10% ABV!) and it's pretty good. I think it's better than the 2012 version, but I think I liked the 2010 version best out of all of them.

It's good, with great aroma, and just a tinge of sweetness on the swallow with the bitterness behind the sweetness.

Glad I only got one 6 pack, I was thinking the guy at my LHBS said it was 17ish

394853_2722239232124_1178749591_n.jpg

Would anyone hate me if I said I'm not all that impressed by the Hopslam?

Because I'm not.

I think it has an odd sweetness and syrupy mouthfeel that feels like it finished too high. The aroma from the Simcoe seems overly garlicky and sticky-rotten citrus. And the flavor is kinda "meh".

I'll enjoy it, yes, but I've had better DIPAs.

when i left the palatine marianos fresh market they had 4 cs left, but they are not putting then out on the shelves. you have to ask for it and they will give you only one sixer

Friar tuck in Springfield , il had a pallet or two of it. I'm sippin one now.

Latest posts

Back