• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Small piece of SS Diamond plate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoalCracker

Reaction score
I'm in the midst of welding up a new stand and have a space that is 7x15 inches. I would like to fill that gap with some SS diamond plate. Wondering if anyone has any they would like to get rid of for cheap.

I can't help directly but my local Home Depot sells it and it is very reasonably priced. Not sure about pricing in your area but I would think it would roughly be the same.

I'm going to the scrap yard in the morning, I think there might be some in the bin.

If I can find a small piece I'll ship it to you for whatever it costs me.

Wow thanks guys. I'll go with aluminum then. I just heard that it doesn't always hold up well. It won't hit any heat and shouldn't touch wort unless I have a spill. Should be ok.

Aluminum won't hold up well to heavy foot traffic or any vehicle traffic. However, I don't know of too many homebrew rigs with a catwalk. It'll probably be just fine.

Yuri_Rage said:
Aluminum won't hold up well to heavy foot traffic or any vehicle traffic. However, I don't know of too many homebrew rigs with a catwalk. It'll probably be just fine.

Next mission? Build a HB rig with a catwalk...

Back