• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Brewing Equipment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wired247

Reaction score
In the middle of a hop field in Yakima WA. Serious
Recently my doctor advised me to stop drinking after some ulcer problems and after a few months on a diet where I didnt drink I have to admit that I'm probably at the point where it is in my best interest to discontinue the practice. I say that with a heavy heart. Anyway I don't suppose I'll be needing this brewing stuff any more. I'd prefer to sell it local because of the shipping costs involved but if you're willing to pay shipping heres whats available. I must say that this is the worst ad ever. If you have any questions please email me and we'll talk about it. I have a lot of stuff here and not all of it is listed. Its all going to go eventually.

Let me describe how this thing works. The way I have it set up it is a gas fired HERMS setup that is a bit different than most HERMS setups you see in that it uses a separate heat exchanger. Why do this? It allows for the water in the hot liquor tank to be much higher than the brew kettle temp. As heat is required in the brew kettle the pump for the HLT cycles on and runs hot water into the heat exchanger . The temperature controller cycles the pump on and off to maintain a steady temperature in the brew kettle. When temperature rise is necessary in the brew kettle the temperature can rise very quickly to set point because of the hotter temperature in the HLT. It is a system that is not common in home brew setups but is very common in breweries that use a colandria where hot water is run through a heat exchanger to heat the kettle. Its efficient and its fast.

What I'll do is try and sell some of the major components as a group. If there is no interest after a few days I'll break it up. So what do we have here?

1. The brew kettle . This a keg that has had a false bottom installed . It also has an ashcroft temperature gauge and a fitting installed for a inline temperature probe. It has a fixed sparge ring on the top that can unscrew and you use a very innovative spiral diffuser for vorlauf or sparge. Both work well. Included in this lot is a stainless head chugger pump and a brewers hardware screen filter. All fittings and triclover clamps and gaskets are included. This setup will do a constant recycle during the brew cycle and the result is very clear particle free wort. $450 plus shipping or $550 with the temperature controller , control set, SSR and 40 plate heat exchanger and RTD and $750 with the HLT and all the hoses and a March 809 pump for water recirc.

cimg1373g.jpg

cimg1374w.jpg

cimg1376a.jpg

20110801204805.jpg

Other stuff.

Freezer with temperature controller and ball lock kegs and fittings plus two taps on the outside. 3 qty ball lock 5 gallon. 1 qty 2 1/2 gallon ball lock , One ball lock that needs a liquid fitting. 20lb CO2 cylinder with regulator and secondary regulator. all the hoses and fittings . $400 for everything

cimg1377b.jpg

cimg1378j.jpg

cimg1381a.jpg

cimg1380w.jpg

also available 20 lb O2 cyclnder filled for local pickup $75
with aeration stone on long shaft $100
malt mill $100
Banjo KP4 burner new $70
AB 15.5 gallon Keg unmolested $45

cimg1375h.jpg

3+ bags of 2 row , 5lbs of various hops and 30+ lbs of specialty grains
$150 for local pickup

Lots more stuff. regulators, 6 gallon carboys , SS Boil kettle, beer filters etc. I'll have to make a list. email me if you have a specific need

If you PM me I probably wont get it. email me at [email protected]

How much are you looking for the grain mill? Never mind saw the price. Thanks

Once again. At this point the stuff that is in groups will stay that way and not be seperated unless I change the ad. That may happen next week if there is no interest in stuff as a group. The items listed for sale separately are that way. Also please respond to my email address at [email protected]. not that I don't like the PM feature its just that I can only get 5 and it fills up.

If you begin to part out, please keep me in mind for the pump to recirculate the wort. I hope your health gets better, happy selling.

If you begin to part out, please keep me in mind for the pump to recirculate the wort. I hope your health gets better, happy selling.

Its usually fine as long as I lay off acidic food and unfortunately beer. I have lost 35 lbs since I cut back on drinking although I'm certain the two are hardly related :)

Aeration stone on long wand.. any pics of it? Is it ss and could I hook it up to a small tank from homedepot to aerate the wort. How much for that n the mill shipped. Ny 10579

Is it so hard to use email?

.5 micron stone. 3 inches long. about 11/16 wide.

I could go $140 shipped on the mill and stone. Its expensive to ship both. The want is straight and currently has a hose slipped over it. Its adaptable to a corny keg if the end is flared after insertion.

09D03125.jpg

mill3.jpg

wired247 said:
Its usually fine as long as I lay off acidic food and unfortunately beer. I have lost 35 lbs since I cut back on drinking although I'm certain the two are hardly related :)

No acidic foods either eh? I'd probably die of starvation. Good to hear your doing well.

No acidic foods either eh? I'd probably die of starvation. Good to hear your doing well.

It sucks. Ive tried the heavy antibiotic thing to kill the bacteria that causes the ulcer and theyve got me on prilosec but not so good on the tomato sauce and sour stuff like that. I'm usually OK WHEN I drink but the next day I'm damn near doubled over wishing I hadnt.

OK. This stuff isnt going to sell as a set so I'm opening up the flood doors.

March 809 with new head and TC fittings $120 shipped conus.

Chugger Stainless pump. Only used with water $125 shipped Conus

Brew keggle with very nice " Pico style" false bottom from adventures in home brewing and 2 different and very efficient sparge heads and 1 1./2" TC fittings $200 shipped in Conus

40 plate chiller with TC fittings for all 4 sides plus quick disconnect and water hose fittings. All stainless $100 shipped Conus SOLD

Hoses. 4 TC high temp 1/2" silicone. $20 each

Control set with SSR and on/off switch and RTD. PID or on off . Ive used it to control a water pump. You can configure it however . In a fiberglass water proof box. $75 shipped

Cornies $25 each plus shipping. SOLD

Full CO2 20lb bottle. $70 local or empty $50 plus shipping.
Same with the O2 bottle.

the mill is $100 plus $10 shipping. It was SPF then I didnt hear back from the buyer.

Fridge with taps and controller $150 local. Too big to ship.

Other stuff I'll post as I think about it

heres a few more items. I forgot about the brewers hardware trub filter. Really nice item that has many uses. I've been using it to keep fines out of vorlauf. $100 shipped.

Boil kettle 12 gallons with three welded on fittings. On tangential and two side ports with a dip leg $90 shipped.

cimg1387.jpg

cimg1388l.jpg

cimg1389p.jpg

cimg1390u.jpg

Oh you mean WITH the fittings? I can let you have two sets with the kegs but not 4 sets. Thats just over the top. I need to leave some for the cooler.

lol hey i had to try, 2 set's will work, Now one last thing, as i've been going back to your post to find new things lol. Give me a total with the 20lb CO2 cylinder with regulator and secondary regulator and that'll prob be it.

Sorry add in that portable keg CO2 things that uses bbgun cylinders for $25 shipped.

lol hey i had to try, 2 set's will work, Now one last thing, as i've been going back to your post to find new things lol. Give me a total with the 20lb CO2 cylinder with regulator and secondary regulator and that'll prob be it.

Sorry add in that portable keg CO2 things that uses bbgun cylinders for $25 shipped.

Thats another $145 on top of the other stuff so $370 total plus 3% if you want to use paypal

So you are getting the uncut keg ( do you need the dip leg? )

4 qty 5 gallon cornies with 2 sets of fittings. BTW the 2 1/2 gallon corny is still available at $95 shipped

An empty CO2 tank

Primary and secondary regulators

the mini gas charger

Back