Sam Adams New Albion Ale....nice.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamwhatiseem

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The beer pours a very light yellow with a hint of red. A two-finger white-frothy head.
Smell is not exceptional, mostly citrus and a hint of bread and spice.
Taste begins with a mild hoppy flavor which is quickly followed by a tropical-fruity taste. Finishes slightly creamy. Taste does not linger.

Overall very drinkable. Nice pleasant sweet-citrusy flavor.
I will buy this again.

ABV - 6%

The beer pours a very light yellow with a hint of red. A two-finger white-frothy head.
Smell is not exceptional, mostly citrus and a hint of bread and spice.
Taste begins with a mild hoppy flavor which is quickly followed by a tropical-fruity taste. Finishes slightly creamy. Taste does not linger.

Overall very drinkable. Nice pleasant sweet-citrusy flavor.
I will buy this again.

ABV - 6%

Does this beer compare to its namesake from the mid 70's? It was stopped in 1982 but was a forerunner in the early craftbrew market. I was too young to taste it but read that SA brought it back. Does it compare favorably, anyone??

Don't know that answer.
In my opinion the beer snobs give this a lower rating than it deserves. Probably because it is Sam Adams.
But for the beer enthusiast - I found this a refreshing, tropical fruit sweetness beer that finishes clean.

Back