who talked abiut "hop bursting" on here a few months ago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walker

I use secondaries. :p
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think it was DeRoux or Dude, but I'm not certain.

I haven't had any luck searching for the thread, either.

Anyway, if you remember this, have a link, or know about hop bursting, send me a PM please!

-walker

Dude said:
Search freedom ale...don't remember if I posted a recipe or not--but DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

It was a huge waste of hops, IMHO.

I thought you praised the flavor that batch in your post? :confused:

-walker

Walker said:
I thought you praised the flavor that batch in your post? :confused:

-walker

I don't think I ever said that. It was never a good beer, IMHO.

The flavor of the hops was good, but there was little to no bitterness in it. It just wasn't "right" IMHO.

Regarding DFH, I guess you could call hopbursting "continuous" like they do, but they do that for the duration of the boil, not the last 30 minutes like hopbursting. A 60-90 boil extracts much more bitterness from the hops, as well as flavor.

Dude said:
I don't think I ever said that. It was never a good beer, IMHO.

heh heh. :)

Dude said:
I just tasted the hop-bursted Freedom Ale from primary and WOWEE!!! Smooth hops flavor and plenty of bitterness. I think this will be a pretty neat beer when it gets carbed up and not so green.

but, if you say it isn't that great, then I'll skip over the idea and brew my IPA like I did last time. :D

-walker

walker said:
dude said:
I just tasted the hop-bursted Freedom Ale from primary and WOWEE!!! Smooth hops flavor and plenty of bitterness. I think this will be a pretty neat beer when it gets carbed up and not so green.

heh heh. :)

but, if you say it isn't that great, then I'll skip over the idea and brew my IPA like I did last time. :D

-walker

Bastage. :D

I tried dryhopping that thing, everything but adding that fake bittering oil.. Wasn't worth saving.

Back