what to brew in the hot FL summer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

E-rok

Reaction score
Well its is hot as hell here in Tampa (stupid Al Gore) and I am not stopping my brewing for the summer. My chest freezer is occupied for the next month or so with a Pilsener that I am lagering. So, I am looking for ideas on what to brew for the next couple months. maybe I should post a poll, except I dont know how.

I've got a saison in a couple of carboys sitting on my back patio right next to my chest freezer. No problem.

1) I second the saison. Beware those who tell you that Belgians in general will be fine without ferm temp control. Smaller Belgians seem to do fine, while bigger ones tend to turn into what Jamil has called (paraphrasing) "fruit salad dissolved in paint thinner".

2) Search "swamp cooler". Not ideal, but...

3) Come join us at Brandon Bootleggers Homebrew Club on July 18 at 7 pm at O'Brien's in Brandon and get all kinds of good ideas and suggestions.

I've just finished a Oktoberfest and am sorting out a saison to start next. Thankfully I have a spare bathroom I use for storing my fermenting beer that never gets used and stays nice and cool even in the oppressive Tampa heat.

Back