Success!!! I remembered the Irish Moss!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRHunter

Reaction score
I've always considered myself to be smarter than the average bear, but for some reason I almost never remember to add Irish Moss. My little 1oz bottle is still over half full after 12 batches. I guess in all the preparation for post boil activity I just don't notice that little brown bottle sitting on the table. So for now I am basking in the glow of satisfaction knowing that for at least one moment I wasn't a colossal retard. :rolleyes:

Congrats on this personal hurdle! I forgot on several batches too, now it gets measured out when weighing the hops and put into a ziplock bag labeled with a sharpie "Irish Moss 10 minutes" and goes inline with the hop additions on the table. I havent forgotten it since!

I usually toss it in with my immersion chiller....easy to remember when you've got something else that's important going in too :) (though when you've had a few beers.... that's another story :drunk: )

I'm starting to set up like a TV cooking show. pre-measure out everyyhing into the bowls, and line up in order of addition.

Now if only you could reach into the oven and pull out a finished pint of beer once you start the boil!

Back