Time from Primary to secondary to keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirscp

Reaction score
I did an all grain Apple Ale on 03/01. Yesterday I racked to secondary and it is surprisingly clear. Any reason why I shouldn't keg, as long as it is done fermenting? Was thinking of kegging it this weekend and putting it in my keezer. Hopefully keep away from it for 3+ weeks. I always find myself to be 1/2 way through a keg by the time its hitting it's prime.

Question #2. How much priming sugar would you add per 12oz bottle or 32 oz bottle to naturally carb. I have my 5gal carboy filled all the way to the top, and I don't want to waste any. I'm figuring I'll have 1/2 a gallon left after I keg it. I know I've seen people add sugar to their bottles when bottling. (I've never bottled, only kegged. Bottling I've done has been with my diy beer gun).

Thanks for the advice.

Ty

leave it out of the keezer for the 3+ weeks, it's done fermenting but the yeast isn't cleaning up and it will condition in the keg just fine.

you can keg if you wish, but you may have more sediment in the keg than you would like if the yeast is still falling out of suspension. Plus not doing so will keep you from drinking green beer. afterall you want to wait 6 weeks before you drink typically.

well you normally add 3/4 ths of a cup to 5 gallons so 3/4 divided by 10 is very little :)

Maybe go with carbonation tabs if you have a lhbs locally.

Latest posts

Back