Soda Jerk?????(big red cheapo)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
I have been drinking a little too much homebrew. The no hangover aspect coupled with the fresh and incredible taste of homebrew is too tempting!!

I have successfully cut down from 5 drinks a day or so, to 2 drinks every other day.

So instead of a brew-day, today will be SODA ON THE CHEAP day.

I have 19 packs of coolaid cherry

20 lbs of sugar (no I won't use all of it)

A free corny

plenty of Co2

(it's dark and I'm wearing sunglasses)

I plan to make cherry koolaid pretty much to the recipe on the packet, and carbonate.

Where can I go wrong??

(and yes, I am a soda jerk, for years I have had a subconcious disdain for people who posted in the "soda" forum. I'm sorry:()

Cheap experiment, so I don't see how you can go wrong!

I have been experimenting with berry extracts and making sodas. Nothing great yet, but cheap to try (especially with a quick 1-2 galln batch and a small keg!).

It is basically Kool aid on tap. I am unwilling to put it on a separate reg from my beer and it seems completely uncarbed.

OH WELL!;)

I wonder if it has to do with the viscosity of beer, that carbonation is so much more noticeable at such lower amounts.

Back