Activated yeast smack pack late

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FungusBrew

Reaction score
So, I've got an hour before my wort is cooled and ready for the yeast.

And, I just realized I've left my smack pack, unactivated in the fridge. I just hit it now. Is an hour enough time? Help!!

I've had this happen a few times. What I usually do is put my wort in the primary and just seal it up. Smack the pack now and in about three hours, just open the fermenter and add your yeast.

It's Ok. You don't even need to let it swell. You can just open the pack and pitch.
I've asked this question before. The activation is just "visual insurance" that the yeast is viable. It even says on the back of the package that you can just pitch without swelling.

It's Ok. You don't even need to let it swell. You can just open the pack and pitch.
I've asked this question before. The activation is just "visual insurance" that the yeast is viable. It even says on the back of the package that you can just pitch without swelling.

+1

I don't even bother half the time

Latest posts

Back