Is this a good deal for my kegerator??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhonda00

Reaction score
Alright, I will be posting some pictures, but today I went to Cons scratch & dent here in houston and they had a Danby Millenium kegorator with a pre-drilled hole for a tower, but no tower. I ended up buying it along with a one year warrenty for $125. The refridgerator is brand new and works great. I set it on its coldest setting and my lab thermometer was picking up 33*. Do you guys think I got a good deal?

:Dit seems like one since it is cheeper than the fridges and you dont even have to cut the hole

:Dit seems like one since it is cheeper than the fridges and you dont even have to cut the hole

lol the ironic thing is that the store I bought it from is about a block down the street from my LHBS. I went in there just to take a look at what they had and saw this fridge. I couldn't believe my eyes lol. I wasn't sure on the dimensions so I measured it up and went back to LHBS to ask their advice. I told them what was going on and the first thing they asked was how many do they have?! So i rushed back over there and bought it. It was a little scratched up so when I got home I used some buffing compound and wax. You can't even tell it was used. I'm very happy.

Yeah, I'll be posting some hopefully this weekened. I bought my two tap tower and all of the equipment I need. So as soon as i get it done I'll be giving you guys some pics. I bought two cornies, so it better fit lol. i pre-measured so I don't think I should have any problems

sounds good! congrats on your new setup- I'm currently trying to get mine together, and I'm getting a little antsy

lol the ironic thing is that the store I bought it from is about a block down the street from my LHBS. I went in there just to take a look at what they had and saw this fridge. I couldn't believe my eyes lol. I wasn't sure on the dimensions so I measured it up and went back to LHBS to ask their advice. I told them what was going on and the first thing they asked was how many do they have?! So i rushed back over there and bought it. It was a little scratched up so when I got home I used some buffing compound and wax. You can't even tell it was used. I'm very happy.

You lucky bastige. I don't think it gets any better than that! Best of luck with it!

You lucky bastige. I don't think it gets any better than that! Best of luck with it!

Lol they had 2. I tried to see if they would sell me both for a deal, but they wouldnt. It was really hard for me to not buy the other one.

nice score . I too picked one up for 150 and it was complete.

A complete one...now that's a good score. I ordered all of my stuff and I'm now in the impatient process of waiting for UPS. I hate it!

Yup you heard right . I went to HD to get driveway sealer when I see a Vassani kegerator out of the box sitting in the clearance isle. No price so I ask the appliance girl what the price is after her looking for it on the computer she says "I have no idea its not in the system." She gets the MOD he say's "Oh the little fridge its 150$ if you want it I will go with you to the register."

Well I couldn't get it on the flat truck fast enough. Its totally brand new came with a 5 lb tank all the fittings and the tower.

So here she is already hooked up .

kegerator51.jpg

the door looks black in the pic buts its Stainless

I already swapped out the faucet to a Perlick 525.

kegerator16.jpg

I plan on changing the tower to the two faucet chrome one thats sitting on my other kegerator/fermenter

I'm not going to be that jealous b/c I think I got a good deal, but if I didn't, I would have probably wanted to punch you in the face. Do you have any problem with too much foam? Also, how long are your beer lines?

I'm not going to be that jealous b/c I think I got a good deal, but if I didn't, I would have probably wanted to punch you in the face. Do you have any problem with too much foam? Also, how long are your beer lines?

You did get a great deal.

I ditched the factory line I use 10ft 3/16 with 10- 12 psi on both of my kegerators and as you can see its pretty much a perfect pour.

Thats the coal porter . I serve at 40° to 42° the other keggerator is pulling douple duty its has two BB in crash cooling and no serving beer. Thats why its at 37°

Dude, I'm so excited. I already wrote the guy when I bought my kegerator 'kit' that I wanted 10 ft lines and that I would pay the difference. You have a 5lb co2 tank right? how often do you have to refil it if you run at 10-12 psi on two kegs? Can you estimate how many kegs a 5 lb does for you?

Also, I got a question to ask you. I just want to tell you that typically I'm not willing to spend this much money and I prefer to do more stuff myself, but I'm lazy and impatient and just want my damn beer kegged already, so I bought this last night.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Two-Tap-Tower-M...0?hash=item3ef5b7b52e&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

What do you think of that set-up? My main concern is the quality. Does it look legit to you? I know the HBS is a legit one /w a store in Oklahoma that has decent reviews on ebay and other sites. He says that he will take his products back and issue a full refund if unused in 30 days. Do you think I should just wait to get it in and check for quality. If it blows just send it back, or do you think I should try to cancel my order and just start over at a more reputable site? Maybe I'm stressin too much. IDK!

Thanks,
Jacob

Alright, I finished it today and this is what I ended up with.

Here's a couple full views:
DSC09790-1.jpg

DSC09789.jpg

Top View:
DSC09792.jpg

The inside fits 2 5 gallon kegs, 5lb Co2 tank/dual gauge regulator, and 20 ft of beer line:
DSC09791.jpg

Everything seems to be going good, but I'm having a few problems with finding a good seal on the lids. I know they hold air b/c they have been pressure tested, but I think I just have to find the sweet spot. Other than that, It's awesome!

Looks really nice, I use food grade silicon on the seal, and initially seal the keg with around 25# of pressure to get a solid seal.
You can use some soapy water in a spray bottle to check for any leaks.
Best of luck.

Looks really nice, I use food grade silicon on the seal, and initially seal the keg with around 25# of pressure to get a solid seal.
You can use some soapy water in a spray bottle to check for any leaks.
Best of luck.

What do you mean silicon on the seal? Are you talking about on the inside of the keg? Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.

Dude, I'm so excited. I already wrote the guy when I bought my kegerator 'kit' that I wanted 10 ft lines and that I would pay the difference. You have a 5lb co2 tank right? how often do you have to refil it if you run at 10-12 psi on two kegs? Can you estimate how many kegs a 5 lb does for you?

Jacob

Really have no idea with the 5 lbs. I use 20 lbs on the home made kegerator and they last a long time. I see your co2 goes inside the unit the one I bought hangs on the back. There is a bracket and a hole for the line . if you look at yours there may be a place to hang it outside behind the unit. Mine has 4 little screws with bushings that the bracket hooks onto.

What do you mean silicon on the seal? Are you talking about on the inside of the keg? Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean.

The silicone lube is used on the o rings it helps to keep them soft and to make a seal by letting the gasket slide a little. I Just use Gunk brand plumbers silicone I found it at Lowe's.

Back