lost power - will beer come back?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kappclark

Reaction score
Greetings:

My power has been out for 4 days. The chest freezer held some temp, so the kegged beer had lots of fizziness...

Can I just wait for the carbonation to re-disolve once the temp gets back down ?

It tastes quite good.. An American Brown Ale brewed on Election Day - Obama Brown

If your power has been out for 4 days, how are you posting on hbt? :)

your beer will be fine. People take kegs out of their keezers all of the time, let them warm up, and then later put them back in to drink from at a later date.

cold beer holds more co2 than warm, so the co2 should dissolve back into it when it gets cold again.

On a side note, sorry you've been out of power for so long, and hope it gets restored soon.

Happy! The Obama Brown Ale is very happy ..

I see that the chest freezer is back on track ... beer is still a little foamy, but this should subside as the temp in keg goes down ...

On the job training in kegging here //

I would rather let nature take its course rather than trying to tweak with CO2 pressure ...

The beer tastes great ... I am trying to save what is left for my son's return next week ... I must have discipline !

WAIT WAIT!!! You've all forgotten that kegged BROWN ale can't be in an unpowered kegerator without developing a deadly toxin. There are, however, a few known people in the world who are not affected by the toxin. I happen to be one, Please send the keg to me for hazardous waste disposal.

HA HA-

I know a certain Cornell law student who is coming back home who is a perfect MASTER with Brown Ale .. Amazingly, the toxins don't affect him...he just sleeps a little later in the AM ..but I will keep the yellow tape up around that chest freezer !

Back