Watery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
Ok so I sampled my Bev. Hefe after it's been sitting in primary two weeks. The color was pretty good and inline with the character of the beer, and the taste was there, but definetely a little watery.

This is my first batch so is the watery deal part of it tasting "green" still? Or I did add water to primary after boiling wort in an attempt to account for boil off.

In the event I watered it down too much, is there a way to fix this at bottling?

Green / Uncarbed beer can often taste watery... RDWHAHB

+1 to your beer being just fine.

I had this scare in my first couple of brews (one a wheat, one an IPA). Both turned out GREAT. I just learned to realize that warm, uncarbed (and unaged) beer doesn't show itself for what it will taste like. :mug:

Thanks guys, ya you can definitely tell its a little green still so I guess I'll wait it out for another week in the primary, then bottle for maybe two.

You really can't get a handle on your beer until it's been in the bottle (or kegged) for a few weeks..it goes through so many changes through that period that the beer will bear little resemblance to what it taste like now.

Remember 3 weeks@ 70 degrees is just a rule of thumb, some beers take longer to carb and condition...just because a beer is "fizzy" doesn't meant it still isn't green and tastes like a$$.

Read this. Revvy's Blog, "Of Patience and Bottle Conditioning."

bump - Revvy, do you have that blog located elsewhere anymore?
or is my work blocking this?

Latest posts

Back