Utica Brewery sampler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
I picked up a 12 pack from this place yesterday and while they were pretty good, they threw in one beer that I can honestly say I could not drink. They had an Apricot Wheat that I just hated. It must have been the apricots as I like wheat beers ok. I just could not get this one down, I actually dumped it after 3 sips. The rest of the beers were fine. They had a Nut Brown that was very tasty, if a little thin. I've only had one other example so not really sure. Their Pale Ale was servicable and their Hopped up Red was ok but no where near as hoppy as I would have thought based on the lable. I think I'll have to put this place on my list of brewerys I want to visit this summer if I get a chance.

Are you talking about the FX Matt Brewery? I didn't know they made an Apricot Wheat or a Red.

They're Nut-Brown is a personal favorite of mine. Plus, they have a growler club. Buy 6 growler refills, get one free. That's right, free beer!

Ah....Ithaca is Gorges, right? I guess the other bumper sticker would be Utica is Ghetto.

I used to have to drive all over upstate for a part time job I had during college. Most of upstate is really depressing. All of the major cities are deteriorating and the taxes are driving all the big business, jobs, and young people (like me) away.

Major improvement over my Ithaca experience. The biggest thrill of my four years at Cornell ('74) is when they started sell draft beer on campus. I think we had a choice of Bud and Genny (Geneses Ceam Ale). Can't say I've ever had a fruit wheat I've liked, though if I run across a Blueberry Wheat I'll try it.

HurricaneFloyd said:
Ugh....Genny Cream Ale.

:D Genny Screamers, lol that was all I drank when I first got out of college(80). It was all we had on tap down at the firehouse. That stuff gave me farts bad enough to drive flys away from a manure truck:drunk:

HurricaneFloyd said:
I used to have to drive all over upstate for a part time job I had during college. Most of upstate is really depressing. All of the major cities are deteriorating and the taxes are driving all the big business, jobs, and young people (like me) away.

Yep, home sweet homeless. I get off of Active Duty in September, and then I get the adventure of finding a job while SWMBO finishes her teaching cert. at Binghamton U. I figure by the time I'm employed, it'll be time for her to go to Grad School (she wants Buff State), so I get to start all over again!

Latest posts

Back