People in AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a beer festival... they have one in tempe and tucson but not till later on in the year

here

My work rents the tables and chairs for the event... going to be around 50 breweries again this year

I'm thinking of making the trip. Not sure if I'm going to stay the night, may talk the wife into driving us back to the valley late night. It woul dbe my first time to this fest up in Flag. Is it worth the trip?

Several BA members are going up to Flag on 7/24 for brewery tours. I don't know any of the members that have gone to the Made in the Shade since the clubs were banned.

I'll be there.....well, assuming Flagstaff doesn't burn down before Saturday...

wild, what's the story with Made in the Shade and the clubs? PM me if you don't want to air dirty laundry....

It's not Made in the Shade or Sun Sounds except they are the ones who pushed for the insurance coverage for each tapping area (I believe it's $1200 a year). The AZ liquor laws prevent clubs from participating in these types of events now. They started hassling us in '07 because our beer wasn't made in an FDA approved facility and it wasn't distributed by a licensed distributor. The ASH folks are working on starting a movement with the AZ brewers guild to push for a change in legislation.

Back