Honey questions!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Im currently brewing An IPA. I thought i would do a little something and ad a little bit of honey. I added 10 oz. during the boil. I didnt add more cause ive never heard of anyone using honey in an ipa. However my grandpa keeps bees and ive grown up with an endless supply of some of the best honey you have ever had and its free.
Has anyone ever used honey in an IPA? If so what did it come out like? Also can a person use honey to prime and would it be a good idea?

tdavisii said:
Im currently brewing An IPA. I thought i would do a little something and ad a little bit of honey. I added 10 oz. during the boil. I didnt add more cause ive never heard of anyone using honey in an ipa. However my grandpa keeps bees and ive grown up with an endless supply of some of the best honey you have ever had and its free.
Has anyone ever used honey in an IPA? If so what did it come out like? Also can a person use honey to prime and would it be a good idea?

Forget adding honey to your beer, make some MEAD!!!

Back