Best forward sealing faucets?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which brand is better?

• Perlick

• Ventmatic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Soulive

Reaction score
Which do you prefer? I'm buying whichever faucets rank the best. I'm tired of the "sticking" aspect of my current faucets. Thanks :mug:

I have used both, I didn't vote because I think they are made to darn near the same spec's. Never had a problem out of either one. Go for price. You will be happy either way.

Never used either, but I have Perlicks waiting for me to start my Sanyo conversion.

So its 3-2 so far. Glad to hear they're both solid designs. If it really is all the same, I'll go strictly by pricing...

Here's the only difference I can figure. Perlick tap handles don't rotate, Shirrons do. There was an older picture comparing the inside machining between the two and clearly the Shirron (Ventimatic at the time) was worked a little better. However, my perlick looked exactly like the shirron pic. Who knows, they're both great and for the most part Perlicks are cheaper $29 from superprod.com unless you nail a deal on Ebay.

Bobby_M said:
...Perlick tap handles don't rotate, Shirrons do...
By this do you mean the Perlick's don't have the 'lock nut' so that you can center your tap handles securely? I was going to get some for Christmas but I have some tap handles that definitely won't be centered without that.

bradsul said:
By this do you mean the Perlick's don't have the 'lock nut' so that you can center your tap handles securely? I was going to get some for Christmas but I have some tap handles that definitely won't be centered without that.
He means that Shirrons/Ventmatics rotate by design, and Perlicks do not. This photo demonstrates why. If you don't want your Ventmatics to rotate, there is a retrofit kit available.

post-69-1129850033.jpg

BlindLemonLars said:
He means that Shirrons/Ventmatics rotate by design, and Perlicks do not. This photo demonstrates why. If you don't want your Ventmatics to rotate, there is a retrofit kit available.

post-69-1129850033.jpg

So, do I want them to rotate or do I not want them to? I'm newer when it comes to draft setups...

Generally you don't want them to swivel. It is a "feature" for a commercial bar so that when a keg is kicked, you can swivel the tap handle to indicate to customers that the brand is out.

Bradsul. Buy the Perlicks. They have the locknut.

I was concerned when I bought my Ventmatic about the handle twisting. I just figured that I would by the retro kit. But it isnt an issue. Everything works fine.

I am going to buy a 2nd.
So my vote is for the Ventmatic. That being said, I have never owned a Perlick

Hmmm. I think the perlics I have do swivel. Need to check when I get home.

I didn't really care about the brand. I found a good deal on the Perlicks and went with those.

<---- Happy Customer. :D

SilkkyBrew said:
I voted Perlick based on price and near identical design...

Ditto. I purchased mine from superprod.com and only had one problem, the machining on the perlicks prevented one of the taps from attaching to my tower. Superprod.com sent me a replacement expeditiously and I was able to use the other one on my port-o-kegger.

Here's a picture of the machining: (Perlick on the right)
666-IMG_0386.JPG

BlindLemonLars said:

post-69-1129850033.jpg

I checked them tonight. My perlicks look similar, but not identical to the pic on the left. They definately rotate, though. Anyone else?? Not that it bothers me. I'm just curious.

Back