Need recipe with Wilamette

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman768

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have a pound of Wilamette hops I need to use. Do any of you have any really good recipes that use them? It could be any ale from barley wine to wheat, and it doesn't have to be purely Wilamette, but it would help. Thanks guys!

i actually love willamettes. i made a nice ipa with mostly willamettes. not super hoppy, but a decently drinkable beer.

My rye amber in my drop down uses willamettes with cluster for anti-C-hop type american beer. I put a note on the recipe about the hop quantities and timing... the recipe was from my earlier days when I was trying to get to a certain IBU mark and actually calculating the late additions as part of the IBU total when really it doesn't matter... get the ibus at least to the 30-40 mark and those last .25oz additions I would change to at least .5oz of cluster at 20min and .5oz willamettes at the 5min mark.

Back