Opened my first home brew in 8 years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justbrewit

Zythos Conisseur
Reaction score
all i've got to say is holy crap!!!! this has got to be the best beer i've ever brewed!!!!!!!!! i know, i know i opened it like 3 and a half weeks early but i couldn't help it!!!!! i has great nose. the head isn't that great but i can live with that. it tastes like SN pale ales but more hops! i'm in heaven here! i'm just hoping i can keep myself from it until its ripe!!! i'm drinking it at room temp and i'm telling you its great!!! i don't think i'll even put this one in the fridge! thats how darn good it is!!! its the northern brewer kit, three hearted ale. i think i'll dive into a pint and lose myself!!

I totally understand your enthusiasm. I just racked my America $&#* Yeah Brown Ale to Secondary, and I took a hydrometer reading and a sample. It was just about the most amazing thing I've ever tasted, and it was just a recipe thrown together from some left over malts and what little we can get from our LHBS. By the time it's ready to drink, I think I will have to give myself a little hoorah for making something so sublime. As long as I don't screw something up in the bottling process. Since I tend to drink while I do anything Homebrew related, I'm sure it's bound to happen someday.

BTW, congrats man. Nothing beats the sense of accomplishment you get when you crack a homebrew.

My greatest sense on accomplishment (in beers) happened last spring at a Brew Crew meeting. Someone's SO, who hates craft beer, snarfed down a pint of my English Mild!

I think I'll go do some QA on the Roque Mocha Porter clone.

Back