Trappist Yeast Patersbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColoradoHomebrew

Reaction score
I used a trappist yeast to make a Patersbier from Northerbrewer. I am at week 2 in bottle condition. I was supprised by the tast. Very much like yeast. I still have some haze. I thought it had the slight taste of yeast like weizen with some other maybe spices. I am a noob, and this is my 4th batch we are talking of. I am currious if anyone can educate me on that yeast. It says medium flocculation, but it tastes like low. Is this the wrong yeast for a week beer (5.2%) better reserved for a double or tripple. I always wash my yeast and save it so I will use it in the future but want to make sure I am using it for the right style.

If its a belgian beer then your using the right yeast. I have a tafelbier (low alcohol table beer) that I'm about to bottle thats only 3.0%. I brewed that so I would have enough yeast for my 10 gal of triple I'll be brewing in about a week.

Thanks, I used to live in Germany and unfortunately never made it to Belgium so I wanted to try and make a belgian beer (since it seems so popular in craft beer). This is really a first time drinking any belgium that I remember and the flavors are like nothing else I've had. My wife, kids and I are headed back to Germany in a few weeks and are going to tour a little in Belgium. Really different beer for sure.

Latest posts

Back