Stout Kit Recommendations Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasert39

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking forward to trying my first stout recipe, and was wondering if someone could recommend a stout kit they have purchased online. Here is what I am looking for....a creamy, little bit towards the sweeter side stout...something I might be able to add some coffee flavor to.

thanks in advance.

Are you looking for a complete extract kit, or are you willing to try a partial mash? I just cracked a bottle of Northern Brewers Oatmeal Stout Partial Mash and I think it's fantastic. The body is a bit light, but the flavor is simply delicious. I believe they have an all extract kit as well, which if it's anywhere near the partial mash, you will be pleasantly surprised. I would definitely recommend you try it.

P.S. I tasted the beer at 6 weeks, and am looking forward to it in a few more weeks...it's going to get better.

AHS Double Chocolate Stout. Guarunteed crowd pleaser with great roasted flavors and sweet chocolate balance. Great for mixing with cider or adding flavors to like coffee, raspberry, mint, etc. Ive always got some variation of it on tap.

I've liked both the Irish Stout from Brewer's Best and from Listermann, though they're wildly different recipes.

thanks for the input...that AHS Double kit gets great reviews on the website, think I might go in that direction.

I took Northern Brewer's sweet stout kit and added 1lb dark DME and .5oz Williamette. came out fantastic! A nice coffee/chocolatey aroma, sweet but the little bit of extra hops gives it some balance.

Back