Crimp spade lugs for PID controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricand

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've just been unable to locate those 'close' spade lugs that work on the tiny (maybe #2?) studs on the PID controllers. Anyone have an online source for me?

quick google and hobby warehouse has #3 spades for model railroads 22 guage wire which is tiny!!!

The auto place's spade lugs only went to #6. I tried all different combinations of spade/lug/wire on google and could only find commercial huge quantity options. But then I suck at searching, since I went to Hobby Warehouse's site and couldn't find the #3 train lugs either.

Thanks for the replies and the link to the non-insulated crimps, but they only go to 18 gauge and I'm using 16. You would need to grind/clip off one side to get a regular #6 narrow enough.

There was a picture on this site of someone using blue crimp spade lugs on a controller that he said were 'close' spade lugs. I didn't think I'd have a hard time finding them, so I didn't bookmark and totally forgot the thread. Now I've been all over looking for them. I can just use regular spades for the switches and use the plates on the controllers for straight wires.

The ones I got at Radio shack worked on my PID. I also have a pack of connectors from Harbor Freight that has fit everything I needed. Both were a little tight but squeezed onto the screws.

Try an audio shop. They sometimes use them on car speakers etc. I found some at my local Pep Boys auto parts store. Some hardware stores stock a good selection of connectors.

Maybe I'm not following, but these fit all the PID models I've used. They also have them in blue for larger guage wire.

My local Home Depot also had a 75 pack of red 4-6 stud Spade Terminals, but they were a lot more expensive than AllElectronics.

MrH

Maybe I'm not following, but these fit all the PID models I've used. They also have them in blue for larger guage wire.

My local Home Depot also had a 75 pack of red 4-6 stud Spade Terminals, but they were a lot more expensive than AllElectronics.

MrH

I'm not sure about those, but all the packs of #6 spade lugs I've bought aren't even close. I did find the thread that had them in it, but so far no answer on where to get them. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/how-wire-auber-syl-2362a2-pid-fridge-157513/ That's the controller I'm trying to fit and you can see they are really narrow spades. He calls them skinny fork connectors. I'm giving up and going to start wiring. I'll tin the wires if there is a fitment issue. Thanks for all the replies.

Back