Thanks Santa...........

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VisaliaIPA

Reaction score
Santa (aka SWMBO) got me a brewing kit for Christmas. I've been wanting to brew for a long tine nowadays Santa made it possible. I've needed a new hobby for awhile........

3033B792-5D59-4670-B079-593FE7E44FAB.jpg

Thanks all....she does like beer so well see.

I'm waiting on some Star San and ordered a bottle tree so plan on starting first batch in. Couple of days.

Enjoy! Once you're well and truly hooked you might want to consider kegging your brew instead of bottling, however there are some fairly steep initial costs (i.e. keg, CO2 tank and regulator, not to mention a spare fridge/kegerator/keezer.) :)

I personally prefer kegging to bottling, but others on here enjoy bottling, so whatever floats your boat. Just welcome to the insanity! :D

Get a vinator for the top of your bottle tree. Makes sanitizing bottles right before filling quick & easy!

no joke! when I first started, I used to fill each bottle from the bottling bucket. then I got a tree & injector. 1,000 times easier & faster. I finally replaced my old injector after 13 years of use.

I wish I had HBT when I started. you lucky noobs!:mug:

Just give into the dark side right away.... pencil in your brewdays for the year as soon as you get the 2014 calendar. Create your household budget making sure to add a "brewing" category and making sure that no less than 10% of the budget is earmarked for home brewing - supplies, equipment, refrigerators, freezers, kegs, CO2 tanks, etc... Plan for expansion in future years right away... you're going to want a walk-in cooler and tap lines that run into your living room... where you'll build a bar eventually, of course.

This hobby is pure madness. You're going to love it.

Back