What Kind of Beer with Ribs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Here's a question...what beer do you drink with your ribs?

Sadly enough, I like Miller High Life (The Champagne of Beers) with both pork and beef ribs. There's a lot of variation in "styles" (St. Louis, KC, Memphis) of ribs...

I prefer beef over pork, and either Carolina, Texas, or Memphis style "wet".

Ok, Spicy dry rubbed beef ribbs with a good pale ale does it for me. Garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, crushed cayenne. Just goes great with a APA/IPA.

Yeah, gotta love that IPA with the spicy food. I ate a chipotle pepper I smoked in my water smoker, and it was so hot I had to wash it down with some Stone IPA. I went from 0 to drunk in 60 seconds.:D

ScubaSteve said:
Sadly enough, I like Miller High Life (The Champagne of Beers) with both pork and beef ribs. There's a lot of variation in "styles" (St. Louis, KC, Memphis) of ribs...

Theres pretty much nothing that a Miller High Life doesn't go good with. Don't see whats so sad about it....

If you're talking about some nice dry rub pork ribs or maybe beef ribs, you know where you're just gonna throw down and eat then I'm with you on the Miller High Life, maybe a Miller Lite. Definitely a Miller Lite instead if you want the wet style ribs.

But If you're talking about just snacking on some baby back ribs, maybe a cheese plate or something while you're planning on enjoying a few brews and some conversation I could drink a Killians Red or four pretty easily.

Ryanh1801 said:
Wit or IPA for me. Also like my ribs cooked in Argentina fashion.

You mean with chimichuri? Great stuff, though I haven't had it in a while...

BTW, I like pale ales with most of my grilled goods. Good flavor but doesn't over shadow the main event, MEAT!!

Back