root beer with alcohol?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sublimenal

Reaction score
Hi there I have found root beer recipes that dont contain any alcohol but is it possible to make root beer with the same alcohol content as regular beer? I have yet to find a recipe online, any help would be appreciated. Thanks :ban:

I suppose if you wanted to use a lot more sugar, you could boost the alcohol, but I'm not sure how it would taste.

yes you can just let the yeast ferment the sugars in the rootbeer. but i wouldn't expect it to taste good. but i could be wrong. all i can say is try it and see what you get.

I once got the bright idea (when I was out of coke) to try Crown Royal and root beer.

Once. Only once, won't do that again :)

I'm not sure how an alcoholic root beer would taste but a 50/50 mix of Knob Creek and A&W root beer with some ice is absolutely delicious.

So you want a Hard Root Beer eh.

Glass of Vodka and several shots of Torani Classic Root Beer syrup to taste. Some seltzer for the fizz.

Doesn't get any harder than that!

Back