Too many styles, not enough time.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejerk

Reaction score
I'm going crazy. There's so many different recipes I want to brew. My favorite part of brewing is recipe formulation. I'll spend hours tweaking a recipe to get it just where I think I want it. But then I write more recipes than I ever get around to brewing. Like right now--I'm torn between a breakfast stout, an Abbey Blond, and a RyePA--three completely different directions. I won't have a chance to brew again for two more weeks, so we'll see what wins out by then, or if an entirely new recipe enters the picture. Right now the breakfast stout is getting the most attention, but yesterday it was the Abbey blond, so who knows.
Does this drive anybody else crazy? Having so many recipes to brew and not enough time to get to them all? I just wanna quit my job and drop out of school and brew all the time, it's all I think about anyway.
Hello. My name is Andy, and I am addicted to brewing.

My name is Chris, and I am addicted to brewing too.

I have about 5 or 6 different recipes I have planned to brew, but I dont have the time, or bottle space right now to do any of them, and its driving me NUTS. I totally understand. I think its normal for most of us brewers. Remember, there is a fine line between hobby and mental illness.

I tightrope walk that line :)

Back