Keezer collar.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bender

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I gave up on the PoS Home Depot kegerator and have decided to build a keezer. I haven't decided between a tower or a collar, but I'm leaning towards the collar. How are you altering or replacing the hinges to accommodate the extra height of the collar?

Check out the 'Show us your kegerator' post for ideas; I believe most remove the hinge on one side, fix the collar to top or bottom part, and hinge as desired (IE collar attached to bottom/freezer and hinges attached to collar/lid, or lid attached to collar and hinges between freezer/collar).

Check out the 'Show us your kegerator' post for ideas; I believe most remove the hinge on one side, fix the collar to top or bottom part, and hinge as desired (IE collar attached to bottom/freezer and hinges attached to collar/lid, or lid attached to collar and hinges between freezer/collar).

Thanks. I just didn't go far enough into the thread. I have my answer here.

keezer3.jpg

Another option is a collar that fits over the freezer. For instance mine is a 2x8 collar, and then it has 1x12's on the outside of that to keep it from slipping around. Then you just take the hinges off the freezer and leave them on the lid and just screw them into the collar. Hope this helps.

Another option is a collar that fits over the freezer. For instance mine is a 2x8 collar, and then it has 1x12's on the outside of that to keep it from slipping around. Then you just take the hinges off the freezer and leave them on the lid and just screw them into the collar. Hope this helps.

Good idea. I was thinking about the structural issues. I'm on page 25 of the "Show us your Kegerator" thread and I'm already planning to make or get some of those handles Ed Wort has.

Latest posts

Back